It’s incredible how many ways you can turn a dish to be finished beginning with a concept, ingredient or creation. Just have a look at this, we began working with the recipe a week ago, welcoming the spring that knock on our door, and the same day we were able to create this two nice ideas that can serve you to surprise friends and family members, or maybe a leap of imagination to create yours!
The gazpacho, more than a could soup is a drink that it’s consumed at the South of Spain in Andalucia as we said in our previous post. We find so fancy to fill up one of these glasses and share it with all of you. Its a really simple and fast recipe to create.
Are you ready to toast with us? Grab all these ingredients together:
- 250ml of fresh Gazpacho (Click here to see how to do it!)
- 5 long and green Asparagus
- 1 Garlic tooth
- 75ml Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 5 branches of Coriander
- Green and purple sprouts
I have to say that the cream was really tasty and allows you to play with different textures and colors on a same glass, it’s simply amazing!
Just take you a few steps to confection it, see how!
- First, elaborate the gazpacho, you can see how clicking on the link.
- Now, wash carefully the asparagus and coriander. Chop in small pieces all the asparagus (except one piece we will leave for decoration) and place a small pot on medium heat.
- Place the garlic in and cook until brown, then add the chopped asparagus and let it cook altogether for a few minutes until the asparagus is soft. (You can save one of the tips for decoration later.)
- Add the cream and let it cook all together for few minutes. At the very end add salt, pepper and coriander. Let it cook once more for a few minutes.
- Take a blender or a powerful hand mixer and mix it while it’s hot, since it’s going to help the process.
- Now shave with a regular peeler the last piece of asparagus from the end until the top of it. Blench them in hot water for a few seconds and immediately take them into cold water, this will help to stop the cooking process. We want to bring up the natural pigment (Chlorophyll) of the asparagus and slightly cook it
- Place enough Gazpacho inside a glass of your preference leaving enough space for a layer of the cream and also a small layer without being filled. It doesn’t have to be overfilled!
- Now place on top of the cream layer the shaves of asparagus. Carefully place on top some sprouts, take your time, it will make a lot of difference and you want to delight your guests!
- For finishing you can place some drops of the best quality olive oil you have, some sea salt and fresh grounded pepper. Carefully!
We enjoy it a lot! Actually was really refreshing, and the acid in the Gazpacho cleaned very well the mouth when eating the cream. Was not heavy and easy to have. It’s something really fancy and easy you can do at home.
Will you try it and share with us your experiences? Let us know, we like to keep improving and know which kind of recipes you will like to see in here.
Looks awesome, doesn’t it? Keep going on, weekend is coming!
Iker & Julia.